Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS has been appointed by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) to implement the Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Services (MVIS) programme involving the development, installation and operation of vehicle inspection centers on a national scale to improve road safety by assuring -the road worthiness of vehicles m circulation in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Vehicle Inspector - Supervisor will oversee vehicle inspection and issue certificates as required upon completion of inspection.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will effectively supervise the vehicle inspection in all lanes as per standard procedure; responsible to ensure that inspectors undertake inspections as required.
- The jobholder regularly checks the work of junior and senior inspectors to ensure that all parameters are checked prior to issuing certificate.
- Responsible to sign all certificates prior to issuing to clients.
- The incumbent will draw work and maintenance schedules and assist the maintenance team with general maintenance works at i the station
- In charge of quality control within all inspection lanes in the VIS
- Mentor and coach junior and senior inspectors to ensure the best is derived from them at all times
- Take responsibility for general health and safety at the test centre
- May be required to perform other duties as required in an efficient manner, offering quality standard of service to clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the SGS Vehicle Inspector - Supervisor vacancies should hold a Motor Trade Certificate or National Craft Certificate or Diploma in Automotive /Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent; A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is an added advantage
- At least three to five years’ experience with vehicle mechanics is required, with experience in supervision of mechanical workshop.
- Hold a valid and clean driving permit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to customer queries and pro-activeness in solving problems
- High standards of integrity and expected to comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct at all times
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. The applicants are required to upload an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of certificates.
Deadline: 5th June 2016 by 5.00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline