Job Title: Driver (11 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The incumbents will drive and maintain the vehicle in accordance with the transport policy; and as directed by the supervising officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Transport of persons, goods and / or documents:
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing.
- The incumbent will deliver correspondence to government authorities and assist in processing various permits (such as airport pass etc.).
- Facilitate airport pickups for VIP visitors and transportation during official visits.
2. Service Vehicle Maintenance Management:
- Schedule annual vehicle examination for service vehicles with the Transportation Department.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition.
- Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals.
- Update monthly mileage records.
- Update and maintain log book of each service vehicle on daily basis.
3. Other tasks:
- Assist with office and meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events.
- Occasional handyman jobs in the Office, such as hanging pictures and small office repairs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Driver job opportunity should preferably be a Ugandan who holds a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a pass in English language.
- Hold a Valid driving permit of class E, held for the last three years.
- Two years of driving experience in a reputable organization
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and vehicle maintenance.
- Clean driving record
- Competencies: Public relations and Customer care, Time management, Flexibility and Ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline