Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS has been appointed by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) to implement the Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Services (MVIS) programme involving the development, installation and operation of vehicle inspection centers on a national scale to improve road safety by assuring -the road worthiness of vehicles m circulation in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Vehicle Inspector - Senior will carry out vehicle inspection along with any other duties as required in an efficient manner, offering quality standard of service to clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will effectively carry out the vehicle inspection as per standard procedure
- Maintain full records of testing work (PC Entry) and administration, including log of all vehicles inspected and reports to Station Manager on the same
- In charge of conducting daily checks on the Inspection Equipment prior to usage and report any equipment deficiencies or failures to their Supervisor.
- Provide an efficient and friendly customer service
- Take responsibility for general health and safety at the test centre
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the SGS Vehicle Inspector - Senior jobs should hold a Motor Trade Certificate or National Craft Certificate or Diploma in Automotive /Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent; A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is an added advantage
- At least two to three years’ experience with vehicle mechanics
- Hold a valid and clean driving permit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to customer queries and pro-activeness in solving problems
- High standards of integrity and expected to comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct at all times
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. The applicants are required to upload an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of certificates.
Deadline: 5th June 2016 by 5.00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline