Job Title: Women’s Rights Project’s Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Women’s Rights Advisor
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 affiliates networked together in more than 90 countries committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. To achieve this, we support local projects in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people and we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We implement our programs by working with local NGO partners and civil society organizations and engaging with private sector and governments. Oxfam employs over 6,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries. In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Resilient Livelihoods, Governance and Accountability and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Job Summary: The Women’s Rights Project’s Coordinator will be responsible for quality and timely delivery of the Women’s leadership, and Women economic empowerment and care (WE- Care) projects and play an active role in ending Violence against women Campaign. The Women’s Rights Project’s Coordinator will also support the delivery of the projects: Women’s Leadership to advance Women’s land Rights and WE- Care project in the Greater North and will manage a consortium of partners who will be working as a coalition of Women’s Rights organisations. The incumbent will also ensure timely reporting by the Consortium lead partner and disbursement of grants including organising on going capacity building support to the partner(s). He/she will build strong collaboration and linkages with other country programmes implementing similar projects to facilitate learning and project effectiveness. The P.O should be able to comprehend the overall OCS and specific thematic areas and work with theme leads to enhance integration of WE-Care and Women’s Leadership into all projects delivered by Oxfam. The P.O will be involved in other Women’s Rights initiatives including the Ending Violence against women Campaign.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partner Management:
- Ensure timely disbursement of grants to partners
- Carry out monthly monitoring visits to the partner and the sub-grantees to ensure activities are implemented and funds contribute to the achievement of the agreed goals objectives
- Offer support the partner in delivery and organising of Local and National level activities
- Keenly review quarterly and annual narrative and finance reports to ensure they meet the required standard and are submitted as per agreed schedule.
- Review and evaluate the project delivery, learning lessons from it for improving project quality and sharing within and beyond Oxfam in Uganda
- Facilitate six monthly a learning forum with the partners to assess outcomes of the project.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the performance of partners, and take remedial action where necessary share with Oxfam
- Continuously coordinate Capacity building of consortium members based on Capacity assessment needs
2. MEAL, Cross Programme Learning and Reporting:
- Support Partner in developing Project MEAL framework and Matrix and follow up on implementation of the same Provide regular analysis to Oxfam and Partner of the Women’s Leadership and WE- Care programming concerns both at a macro & micro level
- Prepare Oxfam and donor reports as necessary to adequate quality and on time, in compliance with Oxfam and donor requirements.
- Build an effective link with the Pan Africa team and Oxford team and other countries implementing Women’s Leadership and WE-Care Programmes, provide regular material for the web-based information sharing platforms, as well as other platforms (newsletters, etc).
- Represent Oxfam in all activities related to the Women’s Leadership and WE- Care project across the country and region.
3. Financial Management:
- Maintain reviews of BVAs and milestones for the project on a monthly basis
- Ensure BVAs are reviewed on a minimum monthly basis and corrected where necessary, and action is taken to ensure optimal utilisation of funds;
- Provide support in the implementation of audits as required by donors and the organisation;
- Ensure that partners are regularly reviewed and comply with Oxfam and donor requirements, and adequately trained and briefed to do so
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree and Post postgraduate qualification in a relevant field e.g. Women’s Studies, Human Gender and Development, Social Sciences.
- At least four years’ proven programme experience of delivering similar Gender justice and women’s rights programmes/projects in development and Humanitarian contexts
- Proven experience of working with and managing partner organisations.
- Previous exposure and experience of campaigning, advocacy and influencing work, ideally with experience on Women’s Rights issues, including Violence against Women.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the gender aspects
- Development, humanitarian and campaign programmes, with an ability to support mainstreaming in these areas.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to travel extensively in all areas of the country & the region as required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in writing, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae (Not exceeding 2MB) to the HR and Admin Coordinator at email@example.com
Deadline: 11th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline