Job Title: Data Clerk
Organisation: Send a Cow (SAC) UK
Project Name: USAID Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Send a Cow (SAC) was founded in the UK in 1988 to help transform lives, by helping African families and orphans to grow enough food to eat, sell their produce and develop small businesses that last. They have provided livestock, seeds, training and ongoing support, to help over a million lives and their families that live in abject poverty. The Send a Cow Group currently constitutes Country Programmes in seven African countries plus the UK and USA, together with a Group Executive which is based in the UK.
About USAID SOCY Project:
Send a Cow will be implementing a Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) project targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Rakai and Mityana districts, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The SOCY project interventions shall be focusing primarily on OVC Case Management and household economic strengthening through savings groups and associated interventions and parenting/caregiver programs.
Job Summary: The Data Clerk will support the USAID Project by ensuring the design of appropriate data collection tools, collection, entering, storage and retrieval of project data from the project officers as well as directly from the youth, orphans and their caregivers in the project area. Using recommended software, the Data Clerk will process and analyse data and generate appropriate reports to his/her supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will prepare raw data and sort documents / data sheets for the purpose of data entry. To do this, he/she has to cross-verify each and every data before entering.
- Establish entry priorities by maintaining understanding of what data needs to be entered first.
- Regularly check source documents against entered data to ensure data integrity at every stage.
- The Data Clerk will check to make sure that accurate data has been entered into prescribed database software and review data for deficiencies, if any.
- Secure entered information by creating data backups on a periodic basis.
- Confer with supervisor regarding incomplete information and resolve discrepancies by using standard procedures or return incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorized officers at the right time in the right reporting style.
- Render support in developing and maintaining improved records within the database system.
- Produce automated data entry and integration reports when requested.
- Prepare and submit statistical reports based on maintained data on a periodic basis.
- Test new database systems by performing mock data entry tasks.
- Suggest and/or initiate the most effective and efficient data management systems for specific project needs.
- Significantly contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Regularly communicate with project managers and maintain proper information flow and have general project awareness and necessary information. Additionally, coordinate data collection processes and with managers for generating necessary reports, understanding important and key project information, and prioritizing data sets.
- Maintain and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID SOCY Project Data Clerk job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics from a reputable university.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in data entry, analysis and reporting in savings-led microfinance models (e.g. Village Savings and Loans Associations – VSLA; Savings for Change, CO-SAVE, SILC, etc), Producer Business Associations, and Area Cooperative Enterprises (ACE).
- Broad working knowledge of database designing and maintenance is of added advantage.
- Previous exposure and experience in the use of data entry and processing software (packages) e.g. EpiData, SPSS, STATA and ATLAS.
- Proven data entry working experience
- Good typing speed and accuracy at least 40 words in a minute
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, spreadsheets, and data programs
- Trustworthy with an eye for detail
- Analyzing Information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills
- Proven ability to operate under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle project operations, client confidence, and protect confidential information
- Applicants should have empathy with Send a Cow’s Christian foundation and core values
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to submit the following documents as they apply:
- Complete SAC Application Form, download here
- Submit ‘three key achievements’ according to instructions, download here
Send the completed documents to: email@example.com
Deadline: 29th April, 2016 by 5PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline