Job Title: Project Technical Lead (SOCY)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Project Name: USAID Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2016-HR/4
REF: TS/HR/PM-CD 04
Reports to: Manager Community Systems Strengthening
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
About USAID SOCY Project:
TASO will be implementing a Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) project targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children in 4 districts of Wakiso, Mityana, Gomba and Rakai, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The SOCY project interventions shall be focusing primarily on OVC Case Management and household economic strengthening through savings groups and associated interventions and parenting/caregiver programs.
Job Summary: The Project Technical Lead (SOCY) will take lead in the planning, coordination, leadership and implementation of Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth OVC interventions in the 4 districts of Mityana, Wakiso, Gomba and Rakai. The incumbent will also be working with the district TASO and relevant ministries for overall project oversight in identifying beneficiaries, conducting individual and household vulnerability and prioritization assessments and identifying children, youth and care givers whose HIV status is unknown and linking them to HCT for those that are food insecure and out-of-school to comprehensive OVC services. The incumbent will be expected to lead the SOCY project focusing primarily on case management and household economic strengthening through savings groups and associated interventions, and parenting/caregiver programs. The SOCY Project Technical Lead will be responsible for the technical and budgetary oversight of SOCY project activities. The incumbent will also ensure timely planning, implementation (through partners), monitoring and evaluation of activities, as well as provide technical / strategic guidance and monitor budget expenditures and reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Technical Lead (SOCY) should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Social Work & Social Administration, Public Health and International Development
- At least three to seven years’ experience in programs targeting orphans and vulnerable children and/or adolescent girls.
- Significant experience with parenting/care giver programs, socioeconomic approaches and/or cash grants strongly preferred.
- Previous exposure and experience with institutional strengthening and partnership building will be very essential.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience with DATIM and/or a statistical software a plus.
- Evidence of a professional qualification in HIV/AIDS Counselling
- Good computer skills in MS Office Applications and experience in strategic information management is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016 by 4:30 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline