Job Title: Project Manager - SOCY
Organisation: Ankole Private Sector Promotion Centre Ltd (APROCEL)
Project Name: USAID Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) Project
Duty Station: Bushenyi, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Ankole Private Sector Promotion Centre Ltd (APROCEL) is a company Limited by guarantee operating in 10 Districts of Ankole Region. It is aimed at poverty reduction in the communities by provision of social Economic Development Services in the community.
About USAID SOCY Project:
APROCEL will be implementing a Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) project targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Bushenyi and Ntungamo Districts, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The SOCY project interventions shall be focusing primarily on OVC Case Management and household economic strengthening through savings groups and associated interventions and parenting/caregiver programs.
Job Summary: The Project Manager – SOCY will provide leadership in the implementation of Household economic strengthening activities using SILC as an entry strategy for improving economic status of Children youth and their caregivers. The incumbent will ensure efficient data collection, analyse MIS data, develop training toolkits to ensure program quality, and submit monthly and quarterly trend analysis and management reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Work closely with other staff to scale up Savings and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) intervention as part of Sustainable Outcomes Program Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for economic strengthening through:
- Work in close collaboration with CSOs working on beneficiary enrolment, assessment and protection formal and informal structures to ensure a comprehensive response to the needs of the project beneficiaries.
- Mentor and build the capacity of Program officers/supervisors to integrate SILC into their development activities and additives.
- Manage the integration of HES in the project and provide timely and detailed positive feedback to improve integration.
- In charge of the coordination of all SILC and farmer enterprise activities in the project operational areas.
- Offer support in the establishment of sustainable marketing system to motivate commercial production in the project area.
- Build the capacity of field staff to organize enterprise oriented farmer organization to a level of providing demand driven services to their members.
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly and annual plans, budgets and reports for the component.
- Actively facilitate planning and review sessions with partners to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Participate in budget processes and periodic budget reviews for partners’ SILC activities e.g. trainings and field monitoring visits.
- Ensure timely submission of financial and narrative reports to CRS.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID SOCY Programme Manager SOCY job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education or business-related subjects from a reputable university.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in savings-led microfinance models (e.g. Village Savings and Loans Association - VSLA; Savings for Change, CO-SAVE, SILC etc.), Producer Business Associations, Area Cooperative Enterprises (ACE) and management of OVC projects in a rural setting.
- Frequent travels to project operational areas of Bushenyi and Ntungamo
- Hold a valid riding permit
- Age: Between 25-45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to join the USAID Project should send their applications with updated CVs, copies of their academic certificates indicating the position you are applying for in the top corner of the sealed envelope and address it to or hand deliver to:
Ankole Private Sector Promotion Centre Ltd,
Opposite Bayport Financial Services,
P.O. Box 322, Bushenyi. Uganda
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline