Organization: QED Group, LLC
Project Name: USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Contract (Learning Contract)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
About USAID Learning Contract:
The USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project (Learning Contract) is the five-year organizational program support vehicle through which USAID/Uganda will pursue realizing its development objectives within the complicated and shifting Ugandan development context. The purpose of the Learning Contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build capacity of USAID/Uganda to implement USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach to strengthen the implementation of USAID/Uganda’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and enhance USAID’s organizational effectiveness.
Job Summary: The Component 2 Specialist – Learning & Adaptive Management Specialist (‘LAM’ Specialist) will report to and support the KM/OL Advisor in ensuring the successful provision of knowledge management (KM) and organizational learning (OL) services to USAID/Uganda. The primary responsibility of the LAM Specialist is to document and improve collaboration, learning and adaptive management practices under Component 2: Improved Learning & Adaptation. With a focus towards an integrated approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), the Learning and Adaptive Management Specialist will support efforts to blend complementary approaches to strengthen evidence-based learning that inform responsive organizational processes and build synergy across development interventions. All deliverables must be submitted to the COP, not the client, unless otherwise directed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in leading the implementation of learning and adaptive management activities, and promote the CLA approach among USAID/Uganda staff and USAID/Uganda’s implementing partners.
- Assist with ongoing monitoring, evaluation and learning assessments, including documentation and development of a successful approaches to achieving positive change in processes, behaviors and policies at USAID/Uganda and among its implementing partners.
- Render support in the development and application of approaches for enhancing organizational collaboration, learning and adaptation (CLA), including organizing and facilitating knowledge-sharing and learning events that are DO-specific and/or conducted Mission-wide.
- Actively participate in the development and updating of Learning Agendas for USAID/Uganda, including the establishment of learning goals, learning methodologies and strategic review sessions.
- Assist with the delivery of integrated monitoring, evaluation and learning capacity building activities such as trainings and workshops, peer learning, innovation challenges, mentoring, coaching and internships.
- Support the development and roll out of USAID/Uganda knowledge management initiatives, including the strengthening of knowledge sharing networks
- Render support in reporting on the Learning Contract’s monitoring, evaluation and learning indicators, and provide input to implementation of the Learning Contract’s MEL plan
- Assist in the drafting, editing, and implementing annual work-plans and other internal management and reporting tools as required.
- Perform any other tasks as required and agreed upon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold an advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Component 2 Specialist – Learning & Adaptive Management Specialist career placement should have at least five years of progressively-responsible experience in knowledge management and organizational learning, change management or performance improvement for USAID and/or other donor-funded development programs.
- Significant experience with event planning and facilitation, strategic planning, and grants or scholarship management required.
- Familiarity with the linkages between M&E and organizational learning, and demonstrate experience with strengthening the relationship between M&E and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with USAID and other U.S. government agencies, implementing partners and stakeholders in Uganda.
- Positive track record of quality work and deliverables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and internet research required. Familiarity with Internet-based collaboration and social media tools desired.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communications skills.
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of Swahili, Luganda and/or other local languages is an advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their CV, Cover letter and Bio Data Form, download here, expressing interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “ATTN: Learning and Adaptation Specialist. Please note that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Thursday, 21st April 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline