Job Title: Manager, Finance and Administration
Organisation: FHI 360
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 14703
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will support an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation project in Uganda funded by USAID. The incumbent will be responsible for managing project finances, budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, procurement and compliance. The jobholder assures the accuracy and integrity of the project financial management system, compliance with FHI 360 and donor financial management policies and procedures and monitors financial reporting and record-keeping of project grantees and sub-recipients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets- actual and forecast.
- Provides recommendations and consuls with management on financial projects and compliances
- Actively participates and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments.
- Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis. Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and / or external effect.
- Stays abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentors staff.
- Builds and trains staff on financial policies and procedures, GAAP practices and client relationships.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project FHI 360 Manager, Finance and Administration career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent - Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Related Field. Professional CPA Certification is preferred.
- At least five to eight years related work experience, including three years in management and three years working at the corporate or organization level.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO). Experience working with an international organization.
- Past experience managing a financial analysis department is required.
- Broad working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and negotiates and work will with others.
- The applicant must be well-versed in state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on financial analysis and management controls.
- Has familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
- Sound knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines.
- Possess excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
- Possesses a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization.
- Must have excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the USAID FHI360 project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline