Job Title: Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Specialist
Organisation: FHI 360
Project Name: USAID/Uganda Education and Research to Improve Climate Change Adaptation Activity (ERICCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party (COP)
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
About USAID ERICCA Project:
The USAID/Uganda Education and Research to Improve Climate Change Adaptation Activity (ERICCA) is assisting in the establishment of the Makerere University Centre for Climate Change Research and Innovations (MUCCRI) as a recognized national and regional hub of academic, professional development and research excellence in climate science, climate adaptation, and related disciplines. Under ERICCA, FHI 360 is mobilizing leading academics, scientists, and researchers to work side-by-side and in partnership with Ugandan colleagues to build upon the foundational efforts made by Makerere University College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) and others to date.
Job Summary: The Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Specialist supports the Chief of Party (COP) in the development and delivery of technical interventions carried out by ERICCA. S/he will contribute to the development and review of ERICCA’s deliverables, e.g. quarterly and technical reports. Further, the CCA Specialist will work closely with the ERICCA Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) consultant to assure program performance management data are accurately and completely reported. Additional details on responsibilities are found below.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer timely technical staff to design and implement ERICCA interventions according to best practices while being tailored to the local context
- Render support to the team in the development of annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports
- Offer technical support on climate adaptation and to senior technical staff in the development and dissemination of tools and materials
- Carry out research on climate change adaptation in the agricultural sector on an as needed/requested basis
- Work in liaison with the COP and Climate Change Technical Associate on ERICCA-led website development efforts
- Work closely with COP on monitoring and evaluation program
- Assist with publications, web page content development, and ERICCA-supported presentations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Master’s degree in one of the following fields: environmental science, natural resource management, fisheries, conservation, natural science, geography or other relevant international development field with bias towards climate change adaptation
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated technical expertise, with Uganda-specific experience, in a combination of the following technical areas: climate change adaptation, agriculture, and natural resource management
- Significant experience working on programs/activities with a particular focus in climate change and capacity building in Uganda strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience/skills in scientific and project reporting
- Working experience with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
- Proven ability to travel in-country if needed
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power point required
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the USAID FHI360 project in the aforementioned capacity should send a cover letter, updated CV/resume including salary requirements to: The Human Resource Office, FHI 360, Plot 15 Kitante Close, P. O. Box 5768 Kampala, Uganda or via Email to: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate the title of the position in the email subject line.
Deadline: 29th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline