Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to ensure programme quality on Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV), Protection and Legal, either standalone or mainstreaming.
- Managing inclusive activities on social and economic empowerment initiatives opportunities for communities that aim to reduce and prevent violence.
- Carry out needs, gaps and capacity assessments on GBV/Protection in close coordination with any on-going joint common assessments being conducted in the early stages of emergency response.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in development studies, international law, sociology, political science, leadership and management or any relevant field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in humanitarian program management, community mobilization SGBV projects with strong program/technical and budget management skills. Work experience in Results Based Management, including monitoring and reporting
- Broad working knowledge of issues relating to refugee women, gender, humanitarian and development issues, and SGBV prevention and response.
- Broad knowledge and awareness and knowledge of GBV/Protection issues and economic empowerment activities and experience in participatory methods for community mobilization.
- Previous exposure and experience in working with refugees and local communities to promote community- based structures and institutions for self-management;
- Proficiency in computer programming; word processing, spreadsheets etc.;
- Excellent Communication skills in English required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One page cover letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae, CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Office of Administration/Human Resources.
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016 by 4:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline