Job Title: Livelihood Program Officer
Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Job Summary: The Livelihood Program Officer will be responsible for the development of high quality implementation strategies and plans for the agricultural which includes food security and livelihoods, crop production, agro business development and agricultural related income generating activities, and pastoralism. The strategies and plans will include tools for participatory planning, implementation and monitoring of the sector strategies and plans. The jobholder will be responsible for providing technical support and strategic direction to Area Coordinators and field-based livelihoods staff who oversee programme implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree required but a post graduate degree preferably in agriculture, animal science, or other discipline that provides an understanding of food security and livelihood programming /or equivalent practical experience;
- At least four years’ experience in the management of Food Security and Livelihoods projects, including a mature understanding of humanitarian and sustainable livelihoods programming in a variety of livelihoods intervention areas, in particular understanding of pastoral livelihoods preferred
- Proven practical experience in two or more of the following: food security assessments and nutritional surveys, cash based interventions, agriculture and livestock interventions, small business, micro-credit interventions; market analysis;
- Community development skills, including participatory community assessment and planning techniques, with skills in capacity building of communities and experience of working with livelihoods groups/ community-based structures
- Significant experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, in particular livelihoods analysis.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Willingness to travel frequently and at short notice, often in difficult circumstances, and to spend adequate periods of time in the field, if security permits;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One page cover letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae, CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: email@example.com addressed to Office of Administration/Human Resources.
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016 by 4:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline