Job Title: University Librarian
Organisation: Kabale University (KAB)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Kabale University (KAB) was established as a not-for-profit community institution in 2002 and it has transformed from a private into a public University. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution, enjoying the status of being the first ever institution of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public - and having been granted a Charter - the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Job Summary: The University Librarian will be responsible for the development, control, management and coordination of all library and information services of the University.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual activity plans and budgets for the University Library
- Oversee the maintenance of information resources through an effective cataloguing and classification system
- Keenly monitor and review the performance of the library to ensure adherence to international standards.
- Coordinate annual stock taking, and ensure accountability of all acquisitions in the Library
- The jobholder will also develop and implement an effective knowledge organization system in order to ensure rapid access and retrieval of information.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized Institution. In special circumstances, a holder of Master’s Degree with extensive experience in similar post may be considered.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the management of library / information resources, senior in a University/Tertiary Institution setting.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, with copies of detailed typed Curriculum Vitae, giving full details of applicants’ education and qualifications, work experience, present salary, postal and telephone contacts, names and telephone contacts of three referees, and copies of transcripts and certificates, should be sent to:
The University Secretary
P.O Box 317 Kabale, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline