Job Title: Programme Associate
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10007624
Reports to: Programme Officer
Vacancy Notice: 008/2016
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Post Grade: NOA
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Programme Associate will be expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the incumbent will undertake the following duties;
- Assist in negotiating agreements with implementing partners and ensure that IP agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR’s financial rules and the latest Headquarters’ instructions.
- Carry out proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Regularly review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Programme Officer.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Programme Associate job opportunity should have completed Secondary education and post-secondary training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Law or related field
- At least six years of previous job experience relevant to the function
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
- The applicant should have completed the UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific trainings relevant to the functions of the position
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures, and processes
- Working knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus etc)
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities
- Computer skills (in MS office).
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications, under confidential cover, quoting the Post No addressed to: The Senior Administrative/Finance Officer, UNHCR Representation in Uganda via E-mail quoting the vacancy notice and position number to: UGAKAHR@unhcr.org.
Deadline: 26th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline