Job Title: Transport Assistant/ Driver
Organization: National Council for Higher Education (NCHE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport Officer
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) was established under “The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001” for regulating and guiding the establishment and management of institutions of higher learning, regulating the quality of higher education, equating of qualifications and for advising government on higher education issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Transport Assistant/ Driver will be driving Council vehicles as directed by the Transport Officer;
- Drives NCHE Officers to respective destinations as determined;
- Ensure compliance with traffic regulations;
- Keeping Council vehicles in good running condition;
- Perform minor repairs and ensuring the cleanliness of the vehicles at all times;
- Making deliveries as requested;
- The jobholder may also assist with or perform loading and off-loading;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by superiors.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Well maintained vehicles;
- Timely services;
- Safety of NCHE vehicles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Ordinary Level Certificate. Possession of an advanced level certificate is an added advantage;
- Valid driving license held for a minimum of three (3) years of classes B and DL;
- At least five years of driving experience
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance is an added advantage.
- No record of accidents as a result of negligence.
- Age: Below 45 years;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send seven sealed copies of: an application letter; an up-to-date and detailed CV including names and contacts of three credible referees; copies of academic qualifications; and any other relevant documents. Applications should be submitted during office hours (9.00am - 5.00pm) to: The Executive Director, National Council for Higher Education, Plot 34 Cavers Crescent, P.O. Box 76, Kyambogo Uganda, East Africa.
Deadline: 6th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline