Job Title: Project Officer (Several Jobs)
Organisation: AMREF Health Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will lead the technical implementation of the MCH/SRH Project in the District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and Coordination:
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of activities in the project; and
- Actively participate in district HIV/AIDS program review and annual planning meetings to provide technical assistance in defining tangible targets, project objectives, and revision of indicators.
2. Project Development: Significantly contribute to formulating strategies to increase SMC and reduce HIV transmission through sexual routes in line with government strategies and policies.
3. Stakeholder Management:
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders, to implement community- based Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) linked to existing Ministry of Health systems, facilitate usage and ensure a solid records management systems;
- Increase community participation in MCH/SRH and other relevant integrated health area activities using established structures and civil society partnerships; and
- Liaise with District Health Teams to promote, review/ develop track and use health indicators in health system planning and identify best practices that can be translated into scale-up activities.
4. Monitoring & Evaluation: Monitor performance indicators and progress against milestones.
5. Capacity Development:
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to address training, especially in VHT and capacity-building needs and deliver relevant interventions to the beneficiaries in the project areas;
- Liaise with the district health officials to assess health facility infrastructure needs with regard to MCH/SRH provision and plan for the provision of those within the project work plan and budget;
- Work with the District Health Team to educate VHTs and beneficiaries on MCH/SRH activities including referral systems;
- Develop appropriate IEC and other behavior change communication materials in coordination with ACP, District Health Teams, and other Behavioral Scientist and ensure appropriate translation into local languages, distribution, and utilization; and
- Work closely with district local government to train TBAs communities, health workers, and VHTs on strategies to improve MCH/SRH activities and ensure quality data collection in partnership with project M and E Officer.
6. Research and Documentation:
- Take part in conducting research and documentation of best practices and lessons learnt;
- Collection of human interest stories; and dissemination.
7. Other Duties:
- Represent the project manager on duties outside the district e.g., planning meetings, workshops, NGO Forum Meetings e.t.c.
- Participate in national programmes implemented at district level but have a bearing on MCH/SRH programmatic areas e.g. Child health days, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Project Officer vacancies should at least hold a Bachelor’s degree in Health related field or Social Sciences
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in implementing activities in MCH/ SRH
- Previous experience in project implementation, management, design and planning.
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills including word, Excel, Outlook, Power point;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 25th April, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline