Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Hope Junior School- Suubi and Laminadera, Wakiso and Gulu, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Job Summary: The Kindergarten Teachers will offer teaching support at Hope Junior School and Laminadera.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, documents and implements teaching programs that are consistent with the ethos of the school, in line with appropriate curriculum guidelines and suitable to the needs of the students
- Takes overall responsibility for duty of care over children at all times including maintaining adequate routines to ensure student safety
- Regularly assesses and reports on student standards
- Regularly evaluates classroom programs and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Kindergarten Teachers should hold Certificates/ Diplomas in Early Childhood Development or Grade 5 Diploma in Primary Education. Training in Thematic Curriculum will be of added advantage.
- Two or more years of teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Show commitment to work within a team environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- High degree of flexibility, initiative and confidentiality,
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Teacher, Subject - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 6th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline