Job Title: Senior Planner
Organization: Muni University
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: University Secretary
Job Reference: Muni RE-ADVERT ADM 1.2/2016
Muni University is a Public university established by the Uganda Government by Statutory Instrument, 2013 No. 31, in accordance with the Universities & Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2006 as amended. Muni University campus is located in Arua District, 3Km South of Arua town in North-Western Uganda.
Job Summary: The Senior Planner will provide professional leadership in the Development, Monitoring and Evaluation of the University policies, plans and budgets in line with the University Strategic Plan and the National Development Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly analyses strategic plan options to guide the University in determining investment priorities and resources allocation.
- Supports the academic and technical departments in determining priority interventions and costing necessary for the academic and physical development of the University.
- Provides technical guidance and support to the University campuses and departments in planning activities and budgets preparations.
- Formulates and facilitates the implementation of the recurrent and development budgets of the University.
- The incumbent establishes, develops, reviews and maintains an appropriate system suitable for data collection, monitoring and evaluation of the University’s physical and academic development programmes and projects.
- Requisitions and accounts for the resources of the Budgeting Unit in accordance with the operating policies, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Formulates, develops and coordinates University development plans and annual budgets.
- Prepares timely development proposals for the University projects.
- Prepares and disseminates performance reports for the University to users.
- Actively monitors and evaluates projects being implemented by the University.
- Spearheads the review of the strategic plans.
- Guides and coordinates the formulation of the strategic annual plans for effective utilization of University resources.
- Provides support to strategic and operational decision making in the University through collection, analysis and interpretation of University and externally sourced data.
- Maintains a comprehensive database on the staff, students and other resources of the University.
- Prepares the programme status reports required by Council, Management and donors.
- Mentors and supervises Staff, assesses performance and identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Strategic plan options to guide the University in determining investment priorities and resources allocation analysed.
- University development plans and annual budgets developed and coordinated
- University campuses and departments technically supported in planning and budgets preparations activities.
- Recurrent and development budgets of the University approved and implemented.
- University Management Information System maintained through collection of appropriate data, monitoring and evaluation system on the University physical and academic development programmes and projects established and maintained.
- Resources for the Budgeting Unit requisitioned and properly accounted for.
- Performance standards and indicators for the University prepared and disseminated to users.
- Investment priorities in the University determined and an up-to-date bank developed and maintained.
- Annual Performance report for programmes and projects produced.
- Performance assessment conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed with Staff by 31st August every year.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Quantitative Economics from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of six (6) years of working experience as a Planner/Economist/Statistician three of which should have been at Senior Level in public or reputable organization.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in relevant programmes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable level of personal integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidate should send their hand written or typed applications in triplicate to the Office of University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, Plot. 2 Independence Road, Uganda.
Please conform to these rules for a successful application;
- The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
- Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and Academic Documents, plus three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV.
- The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees.
- Applicants should not apply for more than two posts.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline