Job Title: Segment Head – BB Transactional Services
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Transactional Services
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operating in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Segment Head – BB Transactional Services will drive the delivery of incremental transactional product revenues for the specific segment and direct day to day transactional product service for the Segment. The primary objective of this role is to maximise the Bank’s earnings through the sale of Cash Management and Trade solutions to targeted commercial clients (both Corporate & Investment Banking and Business Banking Clients). To be accomplished by winning new client mandates, expanding existing relationships, and protecting current business flows. The incumbent will also ensure new Cash Management and Trade income streams are sustainable, this role must support the establishment of strong, long-term client relationships in conjunction with the Transactional Services Head/RM organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Performance: 70% Lead the team and or work with the Relationship Manager to:
- Achieve sales performance targets as specified and agreed to within annual objectives.
- The incumbent will segment each client/prospect based on anticipated need and forecasted growth potential. (Priority Client Zoning)
- Agree on annual client sales objectives and action plans with RM/Segment Head/Product Segment head for all ‘Priority Clients’ and review progress quarterly.
- Plan specific call objectives required to ‘advance’ the sales process with each client.
- Actively participate in account/customer relationship planning to ensure full solution delivery to meet customer needs.
- Determine unique decision criteria, roles, and priorities of each client ‘buyer’ involved in the sales process.
- Complete call reports to summarize discussions, opportunities and agreed actions related to all client sales calls.
- Maintain accurate ‘Cash Maps’ for all ‘Priority Clients’ as new information is identified during the sales process.
- Uncover client dissatisfaction with current situation in areas where Barclays can provide alternative solutions.
- Update sales pipeline system on a weekly basis as new business opportunities are identified and existing deals are moved forward.
- Influence relative importance of client decision criteria to maximize fit of Barclay’s proposed solutions.
- Structure compelling solution proposals to demonstrate a thorough understanding of each client’s requirements and objectives. Increase cross sell per client.
2. Team Work: 20%
- Regularly monitor progress of all implementations and provide appropriate support to ensure all client expectations are met or exceeded
- Develop links with other related companies and product areas to maximise cross selling opportunities.
- Attend selected seminars and conferences to promote cash solutions to targeted customers and prospects
- Coach and up skill team members in regards to cash products as opportunities present themselves
3. Risk, Governance and Regulatory: 10%
- Ensure that all business and transaction activity comply fully with the Banks sanctions and prohibition policy.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that all training as laid down by the banks standard guidelines is adhered to and completed within the stated timescales.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank Segment Head – BB Transactional Services career opportunity should hold a University degree preferably in Economics, sales or business management and computing
- Demonstrated cash management and Trade industry expertise or excellent cash management and Trade knowledge.
- The applicant should have detailed local market knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and selling skills.
- Proven ability to work across in a virtual environment and across a demographic split.
- Self starter and performance driven
- Good oral and written presentation skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline