Job Title: Risk Officer
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. On behalf of one of our Jinja based clients we are looking for a temporary and competent staff based in Jinja to fill the vacant short term position of Risk Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay abreast with the emerging trends and developments in risk management to improve implementation of risk programs
- Conduct monthly risk assessments across the business to ensure effective implementation of risk treatment plans
- Implement the risk management strategy
- Conduct regular fire system/risks and insurance inspections to ensure compliance within the complex.
- Ensure effective emergency preparedness and Response plan
- Support the Project Manager to implement risk management to all investment projects at all phases to enhance shareholder value.
- Coordinate Insurance Risk Surveys and follow up implementation of all insurance recommendations.
- Maintain zero significant findings within the risk management processes.
- Carry out induction for staff and contractors on risk management.
- Mentor and supervise graduates in training and interns within the risk function.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Risk Officer career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, accounting, economics, insurance, business administration or related discipline from a recognized University is a must.
- Certification in Risk management or finance or Insurance is a must.
- The applicant should hold a certificate in Safety, Health Environmental or Quality management added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar role in an industrial environment.
- Computer literacy skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Demonstrated Power Plant Knowledge is an added advantage
NB: The applicant should currently be based in Jinja
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: email@example.com
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Kindly mark your application as "Application_ Risk Officer" in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th April 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline