Job Title: Relationship Manager - Large Corporates
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Large Local and Regional Corporates
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager - Large Corporates will oversee and sustain a portfolio of corporate customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service. The primary objective is to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution. The incumbent will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sales and Services: 60%
- Build and maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
- Carry out annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business.
2. Product and Business Management: 35%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information. (They will work with CMA and CCM resources to construct credit applications).
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
3. People Management: 5%
Day to day coaching and development of Associate Relationship Managers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank Relationship Manager - Large Corporates career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, International Business or equivalent
- Relevant and adequate experience gained in similar role and environment
- ACIB Qualification or equivalent
- Broad working knowledge of the Corporate set of products as well as a broad understanding of products available in Barclays.
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- Introduce the product and co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- Detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies.
- Good relationship skills
- Good credit risk skills
- General corporate skills
- Excellent communications skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 18th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline