Job Title: Project Officer- Community Health
Organisation: Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Vacancy Number: AFOD-U- VA05/2016
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD)-Uganda is a national NGO, registered with Uganda national NGO board and is mandated to support the government of Uganda in delivery of adolescent sexual reproductive health (ASRH), maternal and child nutrition (MCN), child protection, creating community resilience in food security, and research both in humanitarian and development programmes. AFOD Uganda with a fully-fledged office in Kampala and field office in Adjumani district is now starting programme implementation in Adjumani district to strengthen adolescent sexual reproductive health activities among refugees and host populations in Mungula I, II and Mireyi settlements in collaboration with district health office and other health partners.
Job Summary: The Project Officer- Community Health will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of integrated community health project that include community based reproductive health, community health outreach;, disease surveillance, Nutrition and immunization through a team of community health workers or village health teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to the health project based on design, proposal development, reporting, monitoring and evaluation ensuring that AFOD projects are of high quality and that projects are driven by data and learning.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of all the village health teams or community health workers.
- Ensure sound data collection and information management systems are in place for analysis and action based on identified needs.
- The incumbent will plan, implement and monitor health education session with the community, and facilitate community health needs assessment and mobilization.
- Actively participate in meetings concerning health promotion and disease surveillance, prevention at the district and community level.
- Take part in carrying out public intervention during situation of communicable disease outbreaks and surveillance.
- Participate in planning, implementation and monitoring of national level health campaigns on immunization campaigns.
- The incumbent will keep the Health Manager informed of all significant developments at the community level
- In charge of designing, planning and writing of project proposals, work plans and budgets.
- Represent AFOD Uganda in all inter-agency coordination meetings at district and Health sub-district level.
- Prepare and submit accurate and complete weekly/monthly reports on timely basis to the Project Manager.
- Organize and facilitate field visits for stakeholders to participate in supervision and monitoring of AFOD Health activities in the district.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Project Officer- Community Health career opportunity should ideally hold a Bachelor/Masters level (degree in social work, psychology, or related field).
- Broad working knowledge and experience related to mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) programming in development and humanitarian context
- Familiarity and experience in developing and facilitating trainings, workshops, and meetings, including with MHPSS service providers and government officials (training experience in MHPSS preferable).
- Previous experience of working in local and international projects (preferable).
- Exceptional organizational, writing and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various groups of conflict – affected population; refugees and volunteers.
- Honest, hardworking and a self-motivated person
- Ability to work within a team structure in a remote location
- Ability to engage with district, community leaders and partner organizations
- Excellent English both verbal and written skills
- Good computer skills in MS word, power point, excel etc
- Language: Fluency in English and other common local languages and previous experience of working in non-governmental organizations or the private sector is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with updated CVs in English and motivation letters; quoting the vacancy reference number (check top of advert) to the address below;
Human Resource Officer,
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD), Uganda
Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Minister’s Village, Ntinda,
P.O. BOX 11003 Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 29th April 2016