Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager Education
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will oversee the implementation of field activities of the Targeting the Ultra Poor (TUP) programme with efficiency and professionalism to ensure the success of the pilot programme. The incumbent will be responsible for heading the operations of the TUP pilot programme with efficiency and professionalism, further ensuring successful implementation of the programme as a whole.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop the proposal for the programme and plan to lead programme teams in key areas of project design, including budget development, proposal writing, identifying and developing new funding sources, finalizing programme implementation area and selection of branches, developing year wise targets, recruitment of staff, staff setup and training, ensuring logistics supply etc for achieving the desired impact of the programme
- Supervise and monitor field operation activities through frequent field visits for smooth implementation of suggested programme activities
- Support management to take necessary steps for the programme through analysis of field visits’ statistics and different operational activities.
- The incumbent will also develop and maintain linkages with relevant programmes of BRAC operating in Uganda, external development organizations in Uganda (government ministries, INGOs/aid agencies), BRAC International, BRAC affiliate offices (UK, USA & the Netherlands) and other stakeholders to develop various livelihood options for the programme participants as well as engage them with further potential resources to ensure sustainable services for them
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or any related subject
- Relevant professional certification (i.e., in project management and technical knowledge and experience in the relevant field.
- Leadership quality for people management and supervision with ability to work in multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain long term partnerships with other development actors including other international agencies, donors and government
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English including report writing and oral presentations
- Good ICT skills and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Highly organized
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to email@example.com.
Deadline: 29th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline