Job Title: Project Manager (New CBS Implementation)
Organisation: ABC Capital Bank Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ABC Capital Bank started its journey in 1993, as a deposit taking financial institution then trading by the name Capital Finance Corporation Limited. Licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act 2004, Capital Finance Corporation Limited offered a wide range of products such as savings accounts, business accounts, fixed deposits, business loans services and remittances through Western Union money transfer agency. ABC Capital Bank is part of ABC Group, Kenya and has ambitious growth plans.
Job Summary: The Project Manager (New CBS Implementation) will plan, supervise, track and coordinate all activities involved in the Implementation of a new Core Banking System project and other related IT projects of the Bank e.g AML System, Clearing System, Internet Banking etc. The incumbent will ensure that the projects are delivered within their scope and with highest level of quality standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages project throughout the project lifecycle including planning, analysis, design, development, deployment and closure.
- The incumbent develops and maintains key project deliverables, project plans, communication plans and status reports.
- Manage scope for Core Banking Project.
- Carry out Impact analysis for changes impacting Core Banking project.
- Manage and coordinate implementation of the Core Banking system.
- Defines and evaluates problems and plans effective solutions.
- Manage requirements gathering, customizations, Data Migration, testing, training and deployment for Core Banking project.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine and prioritize project objectives, critical success factors and project risks.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Manage Project teams effectively.
- Establish healthy working relations and partnerships with Business, vendor and peers.
- Work closely with the Project Sponsor to set priorities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or Business Administration highly preferred.
- The applicant must hold PMP Certification
- At least five years’ experience as Project Manager with two years in a bank or financial institution.
- Previous exposure and experience in Core Banking System related projects is a plus.
- Experienced project manager with experience in managing roadmaps for on-boarding, implementation and support.
- Working knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and agile methodology.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- The applicant must be self-motivated with proactive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively as a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management skills including project scheduling, project deliverables, and project budgeting and controlling all aspects of projects.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies.
How to Apply:
The ideal candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a signed cover letter, CV and three reputable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st April 2016 by 4:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline