Job Title: Product Manager Bancassurance
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Products & Analytics
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Product Manager Bancassurance will support Barclays Bank in the following;
- Development and responsibility for the Ban assurance acquisition strategy.
- Responsible for the Banc assurance profit and loss.
- Management, monitoring and development of Banc assurance business.
- Support the sales teams in the administration of Banc assurance strategy.
- Responsible for project governance & control and timely processing of payments/claims.
- Frequently monitor competitor landscape and take action to keep BBU ahead of competition.
- Apply need based product development and selling approach through the channel programs.
- Ensure TCF principles are embedded in all the channel and portfolio actions.
- Continuously review E2E processes to ensure customer experience is good making BBU the “Go To Bank”.
- Implementation of governance, risk, compliance and control in line with Barclays group policies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Product & Proposition Development / Management: 60%
- Ensure P&L and Portfolio management in line with financial targets and within TCF.
- Stimulate acquisitions, x-sell and up sell activity via innovative campaigns and contests
- Ensure all new products and channel enhancements comply with compliance and regulatory guidelines (both internal and external related) and NAPA process
- Take lead and conduct market research and competitive scan to understand other players channel offerings
- Determine the right action in order attract and retain banc assurance products
- Make pricing decisions over products.
- Ensures review and escalation if required, of project / program Risks and Issues.
- Responsible for monitoring activities and ensure compliance with laid down Program standards and procedures.
- Conduct legal and regulatory assessment as required
- Give necessary notices to local government/regulators and public of channel changes.
- Review and feedback into customer satisfaction surveys, responding to customer complaints.
- Work closely with People Development and Sales Management functions to design and deliver appropriate training, and give input into sales strategies.
- Obtain the necessary sign-off for change requests
- Maintain and update the Insurance library regularly and Ensure all documentation is correctly configured
2. Team/People Management & Contribution to the team: 15%
- Oversee the banc assurance team to achieve Retail Business objectives through focused Product activities, providing regular feedback to the team on their performance.
- Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching.
- Discuss and finalize performance Development Plans and ratings for Direct reports
- Determine and manage Training Needs analysis and succession plans direct reports and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflect current and future business requirements.
- Provide team support where required
- Provide honest, direct and constructive feedback to fellow team members
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with team members and other Retail colleagues.
3. Operations and Technology and Service: 15%
- Work closely with / support and ensure timely delivery from Change, Operations & Technology teams for development of processes, infrastructure, and IT capability.
- Facilitate design and delivery of new product training
- Provides support to outlets and other functions on insurance issues
- Interact regularly with internal service providers (e.g. Operations, KYC Helpdesk, insurance companies) to ensure fast and efficient service to customers (both internal and external customers)
- Manage all aspects of policy claims,
4. Risk, Governance and Regulatory 10%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Interface with the Risk & compliance function at the country Head Office to achieve the desired results.
- Initiate and regularly update plans for reduction of provisions/impairment. This role is directly accountable for the quality of the debtors’ book for Retail.
- Accountable for compliance and control for all BBU Banc assurance products.
- Prepare Product monthly review covering sales, financials and expenses, productivity, promotions etc.
- Ensure Governance, Compliance, Risk and Control are implemented and adhered to meet Group Standards by Centre. Staff at all levels to be clear on what is expected of them. Any new regulatory or Group requirements are to be implemented and reviewed
- Obtain regulatory approvals on tariffs.
- Ensuring business adherence to laid down claims SLA’s.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Barclays Bank UK Product Manager Bancassurance job placement should at least hold a Business degree or relevant experience
- Previous experience in leadership of a diverse/ large team
- Insurance experience
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
- Working knowledge of the specific retail product set and service
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the retail network business processes and operating procedures.
- Good understanding of risk policy
- Broad understanding of the local competitor market.
- Personal Traits: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, Stewardship, Assertiveness, Tenacity, Personable, Accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 6th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline