Organisation: Movit Products Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Foreign Purchases
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturer in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures Skin and Hair products.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer, Foreign/International Purchases will technically support the supply chain department in performing all duties related to the procurement of foreign purchases
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of all foreign procurement activities
- Prepare and process purchase orders for foreign supplies
- Regularly review payment claims/invoices and business term details before processing of payments
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and approved quotations
- Keenly analyze market and supplier delivery patterns in order to assess present and future material availability
- Manage business relationships with key suppliers
- Establish and maintain procurement files and records, and ensure that the records are well kept and maintained.
- Regularly monitor the progress in procurement of foreign /international purchases through regular updates of the procurement plans and Prepare quarterly procurement progress reports,
- Work closely with Logistics function to ensure successful execution of logistics activities
- Ensure the approved procurement guidelines for foreign /international purchases are followed at all the different procurement stages.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant Manager, Foreign Purchases.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Movit Products Limited (MPL) Procurement Officer, Foreign/International Purchases vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Supply management or an equivalent professional qualification in procurement and supply management.
- At least three years’ procurement and logistics experience in a busy organization, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrate professional experience in legal, administrative and operational aspects of Procurement and Logistics.
- Proficiency in ERP
- Possess excellent communication and writing Skills in English.
- A pro-active person who is able to work independently and at the same time a good team-player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS word, Excel
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send an application form, download here, with an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic transcripts via post to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Movit Products Limited,
P.O. Box 27109 Kampala, Uganda or
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Not more than 1.5 MBs)
Deadline: 7th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline