Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Kabale University (KAB)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Kabale University (KAB) was established as a not-for-profit community institution in 2002 and it has transformed from a private into a public University. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution, enjoying the status of being the first ever institution of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public - and having been granted a Charter - the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will support Kabale University in the procurement of goods, services, works and disposal of assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Charged with the preparation of procurement plans for the University
- Manage overall direction, coordination and evaluation of procurement for the University
- Carry out all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of Contracts
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve efficiency and value for money
- Keenly review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to management on purchasing, controls and processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Possession of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in the related field in a reputable organisation.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, with copies of detailed typed Curriculum Vitae, giving full details of applicants’ education and qualifications, work experience, present salary, postal and telephone contacts, names and telephone contacts of three referees, and copies of transcripts and certificates, should be sent to:
The University Secretary
P.O Box 317 Kabale, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline