Job Title: Partnership Coordinator
Organization: Sawa World
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sawa World is an international non-profit organization NGO that uses an innovative approach to ending extreme poverty by providing large-scale access to local solutions that are created by people living in extreme poverty. Sawa World uses an innovative approach to self-empower 1.2 billion people out of extreme poverty with their own solutions. We provide large-scale access to local solutions that are created by the very people living in extreme poverty.
Job Summary: The Partnership Coordinator will support the team in analysing and projecting the impact of realistic opportunities for creating income in Uganda. The primary objective will be to help us focus to increase income from products and services that exist within Sawa World’s model while helping us to assess how well the programs will generate income for people in extreme poverty. In doing this, you will be working closely with the Country Director in Uganda as well as the Founder of Sawa World and her senior management, assisting with the development of strategic plans of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead research and strategic planning relating to business models to be supported by Sawa World.
- Guide the development of income, funding, in-kind resources and partnerships to support these model programs, including, methods to raise funds through the use of the products and services that are offer by or through Sawa World.
- Participate in the strategic visioning and brainstorming sessions with the local team in Uganda, the Founder, Country Directors and our Board of Directors.
- Maintaining database of contacts and project goals in order to support tracking of the progress toward meeting goals. Accompanying and providing support to the local Partnership Coordinator to approach potential new clients and partners such as the government, international organizations, businesses and community organizations
- Lead client relationships/meetings with the support of the Country Director Uganda whenever needed in and out of the Solution Center.
- Assisting with communications with clients and partners including preparation of proposals and memoranda of understandings (MOUs), monitoring of performance in accordance with the MOUs, and creation and submission of impact reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy should hold an Undergraduate degree in business or a related field
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant education and/or work experience
- Deep understanding of how to evaluate successful business models and to present the potential success of these models to prospective sources of funding to Sawa World
- Sound knowledge of the Ugandan economy and methods of conducting economic research along with evidence of connection with local businesses and organizations.
- Proven success record with fundraising and/or business development will be an asset
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including good oral and written communication skills in English and local languages and good social skills, having an ability to solve problems and resolve conflict (both personal and professional).
- Diplomatic and able to develop strategic partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders such as the government, universities, community associations, international organizations and businesses.
- Good computer skills in word processing (Microsoft Word and Excel) and Internet applications including social media, email, and communication via Skype.
- Shares our passion for solving the problems of extreme poverty by using local solutions.
- Vibrant, creative and open personality, able to relate with young people and adapt to a wide range of circumstances, with high level of motivation and accountability, and entrepreneurial (able to think outside the box).
- Willingness to work beyond 40 hours a week including work on some weekends.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send detailed answers to the questions listed below, and email your answers, along with a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com or contact us on office line on +256-789-981-872
1) Why do you wish to join Sawa World and how would your personal goals and objectives fit with those of Sawa World? In the course of answering this question, please express, in your own words, what you believe are the goals of Sawa World.
2) Describe three strategies or business models that you would consider to be useful for us to consider in helping poor people in Uganda generate new sources of income that are self-sustaining and could be expanded throughout the country. Keep in mind that Sawa World’s tagline is “Solutions from Within”, so the focus needs to be on business ventures that rely on local (Ugandan) sources of supplies and support.
3) What kinds of fun activities could you see suggesting to our team? Please be specific (games, entertainment ideas, etc.).
Deadline: 1st June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline