Job Title: Chief Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a leading energy player on the international stage. Our facilities are located in various regions of the world, as are our shareholders. In 2012, we reorganized our operations to optimize their growth and development. Total is the fifth-largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Chief Accountant will control the accounting production of the accounts section
- Put in place, follow up and explain the main priority accounting controls (PACS) Co-ordinate end of year audit by external auditors and follow up on recommendations
- Actively promote compliance of the financial transactions to the tax laws optimising dues and avoiding penalties
- Handle non-routine technical tax matters with URA, if need be in liaison with the external auditors
- Responsible for the management of accounts staff through coaching, training, assessment and replacement.
- Co-ordinate correspondence and activities between accounts section and other section/departments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have a degree in a business related field with a bias in accounting
- At least five years of accounting experience
- Professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA/CPA
- Strategic planning skills and ability to interact with all levels
- Broad knowledge and awareness of the legal and tax risks pertaining to the industry
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous
- Strong adherence to deadlines
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel and SAP in Finance
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working Total Oil Company, please send your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
NB: Please clearly indicate the Job title in the subject line and ensure the attached files should not exceed 1MB.
Deadline: 18th April 2016 by 4:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline