Job Title: Office Coordinator
Organization: Sawa World
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sawa World is an international non-profit organization NGO that uses an innovative approach to ending extreme poverty by providing large-scale access to local solutions that are created by people living in extreme poverty. Sawa World uses an innovative approach to self-empower 1.2 billion people out of extreme poverty with their own solutions. We provide large-scale access to local solutions that are created by the very people living in extreme poverty.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administrative Duties: The Office Coordinator will manage the general logistics and management of the Sawa World office in Kampala including;
- Ensure security of office
- Purchase office supplies with approved budgets. This includes checking the needs for the printing of new marketing materials
- Purchase monthly phone and internet credit
- Answer and return phone calls
- Manage and maintain a merchandise tracking system.
- Ensure tidiness of office
- Support with the management of weekly and monthly goals and deadlines including monthly surveys, work plans, impact tracking time sheets, transportation sheets.
- Organize agendas and take minutes of monthly and quarterly meetings
- Submission of monthly time sheets to Administrative Director in Canada
- Regularly check and confirm bi-weekly equipment checks of Film Coordinator
- Approve monthly data management of video, photo and document files on the hard drives
- Carry out research on taxation and employee deductions etc.
- Hosting partners and visitors from Uganda and abroad
- Provide team building exercises and encourage a fun working environment on a daily basis.
- Assist with organizing and hosting other Sawa World related events including the annual Sawa World Day
- Support the Operational Director (Uganda) with any conflicts that may arise and communicate these to the Sawa World Canada if needed
- Work closely with Operational Director Uganda and support other tasks when required
2. Accounting Management:
- Carry out basic accounting tasks and maintain a petty cash on a daily basis. This include filing receipts in cabinet and Drop box
- Confirm the balance in petty cash weekly and monthly.
- Create monthly accounting receipt packages accordingly to the procedures
- Communicate regularly Accounting Team in Canada
- Conduct other basic accounting procedures as directed by the Operational Director Uganda and Accounting Team Canada.
3. Procedure Management:
- Manage the Procedures Binder. This includes daily, weekly and monthly reminders, reviews and implementation of the procedures.
- Update procedure when needed and advice on improved ways to execute the procedures
- The incumbent will develop new procedures and SOP’s and train team members on the implementation.
4. Other Duties:
- Communicate with the Program Director on a daily basis to provide an update on duty activities and ask for needed support or advice. This may also include Skype meetings with the Office Manager in Canada.
- Suggest new ideas and earning’s with Operational Director in Uganda and Canada on an ongoing basis;
- Post on Facebook at least on a weekly basis on Sawa World experiences; and
- Submit monthly reporting requirement to the Program Director in Uganda and Canada (Submit reporting requirement (1) summary of weekly work plans (2) monthly stipend confirmation sheet (3) scanned copies of a receipts (4) time sheets (5) Transportation sheets (6) Monthly agendas and (7) Monthly Budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate for the Office Coordinator vacancy should hold ideal qualifications and experience to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1st June, 2016