Job Title: Online Communications Intern
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
IsisWICCE is a feminist action-oriented organization, currently working within conflict and post-conflict countries in Asia and Africa. Our mission is to ignite women’s leadership, amplify their voices and deepen their activism in re-creating peace. We use our home-grown approach to put women’s rights issues on the political agenda; amplify women’s voices; and catalyze women’s power to transform themselves, their communities and countries in conflict and post-conflict.
Our work includes:
- Research and generating knowledge on peace and security from a gender perspective.
- Strengthening women’s activist leadership, political participation, policy advocacy and movement building.
- Using diverse feminist knowledge and information to inform and influence institutions, policies and practices that support gender inequality and violence.
- Restoring women’s bodily integrity and dignity (psychological, reproductive and gynecological health) in post-conflict settings
- Isis-WICCE is also an information and knowledge hub on women and peace building as well as a platform for dialogue between ordinary women and men, civil society and leaders.
Job Summary: The communications intern will support Isis-WICCE and should be a tech-savvy, creative, and globally minded personal willing to join our growing communications team. The incumbent will gain experience in online communications at an international feminist organization and take part in amplifying women’s voices and power in peace building across the globe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in online content creation and social media management.
- Manage the implementation of our social media strategy, including the development, curation, and nearly around-the-clock posting of engaging, thoughtful, and powerful content on our social media channels (currently Facebook, Twitter and Youtube).
- The incumbent will also contribute to content development for our website. This will include maintaining and strengthening our web interactions with partners, donors, community members, and the broader public.
- The jobholder will also help us grow our audience, strengthen our engagement with them and think through new strategies and next steps.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the communications intern vacancy should be conversant with social media and online content creation; comfortable with diverse analytic and aggregation platforms; has basic graphic design skills.
- Keen interest in women’s rights, women in peace building, social justice and related issues.
- Collaborative and able to work dynamically and diligently without direct supervision
- Results-oriented, interesting in learning and recommending new approaches or tech solutions.
- Age: Below 25 years
NB: This is an unpaid internship. If the intern is based in Kampala, a transport allowance will be provided.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline