Job Title: Pool Stenographer
Organization: Education Service Commission (ESC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 35 (17)
Reports to: Academic Registrar
The Education Service Commission (ESC) is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Pool Stenographer will take dictation, transcribe and present accurate and error free work.
- The incumbent will also attend to callers, either in person or on telephone.
- Draw and monitor appointments.
- Receive incoming mail and supervise the dispatch of outgoing mails.
- Draft letters of routine nature.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness of the office.
- The incumbent will also manage records in accordance with established security and records management procedures.
- In charge of the requisition and manage office stationery and equipment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a UNEB Certificate or Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized Training Institution in the following subjects: Business Communication Stage II, Typewriting Stage II (40wpm), Shorthand Stage II (60/70 wpm), Office Practice ll/Secretarial Duties II
- The Pool Stenographer should also hold an Ordinary Level certificate of Education with at least 2 credits including English Language and 3 passes.
- A qualification in Computer applications is an added advantage.
- Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here. Please alo attach the ESC Job Application Summary Form, download here.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach certified copies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution / Department, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline