Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Organisation: Komo Learning Centres (KLC)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Komo Learning Centres, Uganda was registered as an NGO in 2013. We strive to provide quality education, excellent healthcare, and improved livelihood options to disadvantaged communities in Mukono District (an area just outside Kampala). We run several programs including a health centre, a youth livelihoods programs (LEAP), an educational sponsorship program, a youth centre, and a youth-led club.
Job Summary: The KLC Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will design and implement a comprehensive M&E plan for all KLC programs. The incumbent will also oversee all KLC M&E activities, including evaluation design, data collection, data analysis, and reporting. In addition, the M&E manager will help develop grant proposals, oversee organizational learning activities, and conduct research as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive M&E plan for all KLC programs.
- Manage regular data collection through KLC staff and implementing partners, and ensure quality of the data through random verifications and validations.
- Record, manage, and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe, organized, and accessible way.
- Offer technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant project managers and partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to ethical standards of patient and client consent and confidentiality.
- Provide support to partners in conducting baseline and endline surveys, focus groups, and semi-structured interviews.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for our partner clinic, Nama Wellness Community Centre (NAWEC).
- Prepare and submit regular reports as needed for KLC and our partner organization, Mentor, Coach, Empower (MCE).
- Manage IT staff and oversee IT technical support and trainings
- Guide establishment of MedicMobile and Salesforce electronic data systems.
- Render support in grant proposal writing as needed.
- Oversee all KLC organizational learning activities.
- Work closely with existing and potential partners and funders.
- Actively participate actively in the program planning process.
- Keenly analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
- Offer support KLC team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in international development, education, statistics, social work, public health, or related field with three to five years of relevant work experience. Possession of a Master’s degree in international development, education, statistics, social work, public health, or related field with five to seven years of relevant work experience is desirable
- Significant experience in research, monitoring and evaluation, education, public health, or similar field
- Prior exposure and experience in writing grants, academic papers, or project proposals
- Previous experience in field data collection
- Prior experience in report writing for internal and external dissemination
- Previous international/ non-profit work is desired
- Previous experience in conducting quantitative research, particularly in a resource-poor environment is desired
- Prior exposure and experience in organizational learning is desired
- Prior management experience is an added advantage
- Teaching or tutoring experience is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of data analysis software programs (especially STATA), and ability to produce analysis and graphic representation of results
- Ability to manage a complex and varied work load with flexibility under limited supervision
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to live and work in a semi-urban environment in a developing country
- Excellent computer knowledge with command of MS Excel and other MS Office programs
- Proven ability to design effective data collection tools
- Working knowledge of mobile or electronic data platforms (e.g., Salesforce, MedicMobile) is desired
- Cross-cultural communication skills for presenting monitoring findings
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse and large teams to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should urgently send their CVs and a writing sample to the Country Director, Matthew French via E-mail: email@example.com
Deadline: ASAP (Urgent Position)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline