Job Title: Manager Finance Enabler
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 16557
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager Finance Enabler will support Stanbic Bank in the following;
- Preparation of monthly analysis and commentary on all enabler operating expenses, identifying areas for improvement and corrective action.
- Preparation and timely submission of expenses commentary per each enabler to Head Office.
- Provide strategic financial support to all the Enabler heads
- Co-coordination of the Finance champions to ensure that timely enabler operating expenses reports are provided and enabler Heads receive good service.
- Co-ordinate the Bank-wide cost saving initiatives
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide commentary reporting and query resolution support to Enabler Heads.
- The jobholder will investigate variances to budget, provide explanations and recommend corrective action.
- Identify areas of performance shortfall (actual Vs budget) and propose corrective interventions.
- Drive the required business analysis for making recommendations for cost management improvement.
- Prepare monthly analysis and commentary for all enablers identifying areas for improvement and corrective action.
- Develop relevant KPIs that show traction on initiatives to drive cost efficiency.
- Co-ordinate and track initiatives to improve cost efficiency and a bank level.
- Provide strategic financial support to Enabler heads to facilitate the business shaping of the departments.
- Support the PBB and CIB Finance teams on understanding drivers for cost growth the enablers.
- Co-ordinate the process of budget and revised estimates for enablers.
- Carry out sustainability reporting for the bank and coordinate this as a monthly process rolling into the quarterly board reports and annual report
- Provide financial up-skilling to the Enabler heads.
- Effectively execute any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer Manager Finance Enabler career placement should hold a B.Com (Accounting/Finance).
- Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACCA will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ banking experience.
- Significant experience in balancing financial and business performance and coaching non-financial managers will be an advantage
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Previous experience with Cognos an advantage
- Working knowledge of accounting software. (Knowledge of SAP)
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 27th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline