Job Title: M&E Coordinator
Organisation: Wageningen UR Uganda
Project Name: Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) programme
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
About Wageningen UR:
Wageningen UR Uganda is an organization supporting societal learning and innovation processes at macro, meso and micro level in Uganda involving different stakeholder groups working together on development issues.
Wageningen UR Uganda with support from the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is implementing a four years’ Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) programme. The programme aims to strengthen the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and market-oriented seed sector that is able to address key challenges that hamper the seed sector such as seed quality assurance and availability of foundation seed.
In collaboration with the government of Uganda, three field offices are hosted at Abi (West Nile), Mbarara (Western Uganda) and Ngetta (Northern Uganda) Zonal Agricultural Research and Development Institute (ZARDI). Each centre hosts an Agribusiness Expert and a Seed Expert working with 10 farmer groups spread over several districts strengthening their capacity to produce and market quality seed of locally demanded crops and varieties and support them towards developing commercially sustainable local seed businesses. In 2015, ISSD Uganda will engage in out-scaling the number of Local Seed Businesses (LSBs) from 30 to 100 through partner organisations.
Job Summary: The M&E Coordinator will assist the Chief of Party and field-based technical experts in coordinating evidence based monitoring and evaluation among the seed sector stakeholders in Uganda; and share knowledge about the ISSD programme and approach with key seed sector stakeholders, as well as a wider audience. The M&E Coordinator will monitor and evaluate progress on achieving project outcomes & outputs vs. targets, to enable management, donors and partners to make vital adjustments to maximize project effectiveness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routinely monitor and manage reports to communicate program results and to improve implementation including: establishing systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation; overseeing data collection processes as required for by the project's parameters; developing documentation of best practices; and facilitating the use of data to drive program design and decision making;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of the project implementation and contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans;
- Regularly review and update the M&E strategy and M&E plan for ISSD Uganda and keep it up to date;
- Facilitate organisational learning and reflective M&E processes and organise quarterly review meetings for the ISSD team;
- Design data collection tools, supervise data collection and analysis and maintain the ISSD database and support internal and external studies and research;
- Coordinate the publication of ISSD materials through appropriate communication channels such as flyers, newsletters, magazines, stories, newspaper articles, radio messages and information on the ISSD webpage etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an MSc degree in Agricultural related field or MA in social science with experience in the agricultural sector;
- At least three years’ M&E experience including technical experience in managing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Previous experience relevant in leading the development of Output and Activity Monitoring and the design of a Learning Plan including designing and monitoring key indicators;
- Broad working knowledge of learning-oriented M&E, ‘Theory of change’ approach and ‘outcome mapping’;
- Excellent technical and analytical skills directly related to the work in the seed sector, including excellent writing skills;
- Significant experience in data management and use of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and methods;
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in word processing, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, internet use, website content management systems and statistical packages;
- Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team, excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and attentive to detail;
- Ability to analyse issues and problems systematically, gather broad and balanced input, draw sound conclusions and translate them in monitoring strategies and documentation;
- A productive self-starter who can develop and put in place innovative information ideas;
- Willingness to travel extensively in Uganda;
- Previous experience in the Uganda seed sector is an added benefit.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs to email@example.com
NB: Please don’t include certificates and academic papers.
Deadline: Wednesday, 20th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline