Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organisation: Movit Products Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Foreign Purchases
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturer in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures Skin and Hair products.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will primarily ensure that all programs in this function are fully supported timely and accurately in all types of logistical needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the execution of Logistics activities
- Regularly review payment claims/invoices and business term details before processing of payments.
- Ensure timely Order placement for logistics
- Keenly review of Third Party Assessments (Taxes, Product Categorization and the like)
- Regularly analyze market and supplier delivery patterns in order to assess present and future transportation/ shipping availability.
- Manage business relationships with key logistics suppliers
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Immediate Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Movit Products Limited (MPL) Logistics Officer vacancy should hold a University degree or a professional qualification in Logistics management
- At least three years of related experience in logistics from a reputable institution/organization;
- Previous exposure and experience in working in Logistics including cross boarder operations;
- Excellent knowledge of financial management practices and ability to execute tasks quickly and with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with logistics counterparts and staff within the regional/country office;
- Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Team work and self-drive; should be a team player and able to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send an application form, download here, with an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic transcripts via post to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Movit Products Limited,
P.O. Box 27109 Kampala, Uganda or
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Not more than 1.5 MBs)
Deadline: 7th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline