Job Title: Legal Officer
Organisation: Kabale University (KAB)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Kabale University (KAB) was established as a not-for-profit community institution in 2002 and it has transformed from a private into a public University. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution, enjoying the status of being the first ever institution of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public - and having been granted a Charter - the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will offer legal advisory services to Kabale University.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advisory and interpretation services to Management and Council to ensure statutory compliance with existing laws and regulatory requirements
- Regularly review and draft contracts, agreement and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelors of Legal Laws (LLB) from a recognized Institution, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre (LDC) or its equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in legal practice or legal work
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, with copies of detailed typed Curriculum Vitae, giving full details of applicants’ education and qualifications, work experience, present salary, postal and telephone contacts, names and telephone contacts of three referees, and copies of transcripts and certificates, should be sent to:
The University Secretary
P.O Box 317 Kabale, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline