Job Title: Online Magazine Editor
Organization: SMAT Marketing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SMAT Marketing Limited is a transformation agency for alert brands in the new world. We exist to help you explore & exploit new age marketing opportunities to get noticed, appreciated, loved & enriched by relevant audiences. Using technology & creative excellence, we deliver a bigger, faster impact on sales, awareness & positioning for brands that care about measurable progress.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Copywriting and proof editing of all content, including product and corporate information
- Responsible for the day-to-day planning, development, production, deployment, maintenance of user-focused content
- Managing third party partners and digital agencies for the delivery of content, within defined timescales and budget
- Working closely with marketing, product and channel Managers for information
- Ensure all content is on brand, factually correct, adheres to style guides and enhances the customer experience online
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have at least two years’ experience in content writing (blog/articles), previous editing projects & a confident acquaintance with social media platforms.
- The applicants should be young, energetic and well-versed with urban lifestyle, entertainment & basic knowledge of the workings of the web.
- Excellent writing, reading & editing skills (ENGLISH), with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity.
- Keen eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with contributors, designers and webmasters.
- Excellent organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines.
- Age: Between 23-30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters quoting reference SWG-MAG 001 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 25th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline