Job Title: Income Generation Manager
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Manager
CooP-Uganda is a small social enterprise located in Jinja Uganda, whose vision is to establish and execute various social enterprise bicycle projects whereby entrepreneurs, students and health workers are empowered and equipped with bicycles through a self-sustainable business model.
Job Summary: The Income Generation Manager will manage, lead and provide expert advice in relation to all income generation activities within CooP-Uganda. The incumbent will ensure that tendering opportunities, grant applications, major funders and other income generating opportunities are maximised to support business development and operational delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Business Management:
- Responsible for executing all Income Generating tasks. These include:
- Developing (new) ways to promote Bikeventures + The Green Hub and to make business
- Price setting of Bikeventures and Green Hub products and services
- Build and maintain relationships with current and potential clients to ensure satisfaction & stay, be available and reachable for clients
- Identify and prepare grant and bid documents including producing cost analysis and funding breakdowns.
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Responsible for public relations including website, social media, presence at events etc.
- Preparing annual plans and sales targets, monitoring sales targets on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the CooP-Uganda’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Present new products and services.
- Hosting visitors and volunteers
- Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Income Generation Manager job vacancy should preferably hold a degree in business and commerce, tourism, social sciences, or its equivalent
- At least four years’ experience in managing social businesses
- Excellent track record of sales and meeting sales targets
- Proven ability to write successful bids
- Previous experience in tourism and/or bicycles is an advantage
- Past exposure and experience of identifying and developing suitable income generation opportunities to support business development
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent track record that demonstrates energy and creativity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, prioritise work and deal with competing or conflicting demands / needs and interests in an organised and methodical manner
How to Apply:
All candidate who wish to join as are encouraged to send their applications highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for the selected position. Please be aware that we only accept CVs using our template, which can be obtained via the tab “Curriculum Vitae” on our website, click here, or on request as a Microsoft Word document via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 28th April, 2016
Please submit your cover letter, CV according to our template, to email@example.com.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline