Job Title: Head of Customer Value Proposition
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Products & Analytics
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Head of Customer Value Proposition will be tasked with the following:
- Drive the Customer Segments strategy for the Retail and Business Banking function and set strategic objectives per customer segment.
- Identify the ideal customer mix/shape to deliver the Customer Segments strategic plan.
- Manage profit & loss financials at customer level, and all critical Key Value Drivers (KVDs) associated with segment performance including segment profitability.
- Drive cross-functional engagement to ensure customer centricity (horizontal alignment).
- Ensure maximized penetration into customer segments to maximize acquisition, retention, cross sell ratios and revenue per customer.
- Keenly track segment specific marketing and campaign plans.
- Design and monitor the delivery of a world-class customer experience strategy including the design and implementation of customer on-boarding, retention and attrition management.
- Custodian of the RBB NPS and Customer Satisfaction scores and requisite action plans.
- Timely proposition design/development for all the key customer segments (existing and new), with tailored products, service, marketing and distribution elements to match the needs of each customer segment.
- Carry out customer behavioural analyses to understand response and purchase patterns, as well as channel preference.
- Development of customer journey maps, lifecycles/life-stages and personas for each customer segment.
- Conduct market research, customer research and market test experiments to ensure the delivery of world-class customer propositions.
- Maintain up-to date market data including market share statistics per segment and competitive positioning.
- Monitor the active customer database and devise strategies to remediate this as required.
- Monitor customer churn for each segment and implement strategies to remediate this as required.
- Employ decision analytics in designing customer propositions and contact programs.
- Implement governance, risk, compliance and control in line with Barclays’ group policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Proposition Development & Management: 30%
- Carry out detailed analysis of RBB customers to understand behavioural patterns and customer insights as part of proposition development.
- Conduct customer and market researches prior to proposition development, for an outside-in approach in design.
- Ensure up-to-date market and competitor information is maintained for each customer segment.
- Steer the development of customer journeys, lifecycles and personas for each customer segment.
- Drive the development of customer value propositions for existing and identified new customer segments.
- Drive the development of customer campaigns to support the growth of customer segments.
- Support the Customer Segments team to ensure timely delivery of new propositions and proposition enhancements.
- Ensure all proposition enhancements comply with compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Drive the active use of analytics to enrich understanding of focus customer segments and inform proposition design.
2. Customer Experience Management: 20%
- Drive the enhancement of customer on-boarding processes across RBB.
- Drive the closure of NPS actions to deliver enhanced customer satisfaction scores.
- Determine the right action in order attract and retain customers.
- Stimulate acquisitions, x-sell and up sell activity via innovative campaigns and contests, pegged to customer behavioural analyses.
- Design ongoing customer feedback mechanisms to ensure a continuous improvement approach.
- Drive the implementation of service guarantees
3. Customer Growth & Financial Tracking: 10%
- Enhance Customer MI & KVD Reporting across RBB Segments
- Define and track Segment Specific CLM targets
- Ensure tracking of customer level P&L in line with agreed financial goals (Income, Balance Sheet, Customer Growth, NPS)
- Ensure tracking of business cases for realisation of signed-off benefits.
- Conduct monthly reviews covering acquisitions, retention, profitability and other KVDs per segment
- Develop the ideal customer shape/mix for RBB Customer Segments.
4. Stake holder Management: 10%
- Proactively drive collaboration with varied stakeholders (BU/Functional/External) to enrich and enhance execution of deliverables.
- Liaise and ensure timely delivery from Change, Operations & Technology teams for development of processes, infrastructure, and IT capability to support proposition initiatives.
- Own and drive the BBK Customer Segments story via effective communication across BBK and regional wide forums.
5. Team Management: 10%
- Provide leadership to the key country teams via active engagement and coaching to drive results.
- Provide leadership to BBK customer segments organization via active engagement and coaching to drive results.
- Institute an effective performance management process for the Customer Segments team.
- Ensure team alignment with functional and bank mission.
- Ensure team development and personal growth.
- Create a climate that fosters superior performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Barclays Bank UK Head of Customer Value Proposition job placement should have broad knowledge and understanding of Barclays bank customer segmentation.
- Good understanding of products/policies/plans/objectives in order to pro-actively embrace systems/procedure changes within the function.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial and data models.
- Will require extensive knowledge of the industry landscape, players in the market, product knowledge etc.
- Impact of short, medium and long-term plans of the business and the effects of them on other functions, in order to implement the plans in the most effective and holistic manner.
- Will be required to have an understanding of local, as well as, statutes that relate to role holders function. The most important of these will be central bank’s guidelines, Barclays Group office policies and procedures. Is likely to be personally responsible for compliance within function.
- Good knowledge of IT and telephony systems.
- A good understanding of the other banking areas such as liability and assets businesses.
- Management experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience of remote site management within a matrix management model.
- Very strong stakeholder and inter personal skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Good performance management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent numerical & analytical skills will be required to obtain, prepare, asses and assimilate very complex and detailed information
- Project tracking and management
- Essential to be innovative and pro-active
- Results orientation and self-drive
- PC Skills: Microsoft Office & Excel, Power Point expertise is a must
- Barclays Values: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline