Job Title: Head - Legal and Corporate Services
Organisation: Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd is part of Bayport Finance Group headquartered in Johannesburg South Africa with operations in over ten Countries across Africa and South America. We are a leading other Non-Bank Financial Services provider with presence in over 30 locations across Uganda.
Job Summary: The Head - Legal and Corporate Services will oversee the Legal Services Department and serve as a member of the Senior Management team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the provision legal advice to the company as well as ensuring effective management of all litigation matters by and against the company.
- The jobholder will also provide legal advisory services to all departments within the company including providing independent legal advice and judgment to mitigate any legal risks, manage all litigations against the company including external lawyers involved in litigation as well as review, analyses and interpret relevant laws, regulations and judicial decisions for the Company, Management and the Board.
- The jobholder will also prepare company witness for testimony or appearance in court
- Provide support in contract negotiations, review all contractual agreements for the company and providing recourse options for non-performing contractors.
- The Head of Legal will also facilitate legal recovery of Non-Performing Assets for the Company, Undertake research on current legal developments and prepare and circulate briefs to relevant departments
- Actively participate in and offer legal advice to the various Management Committees, e.g. Board Committees, EXCO, Disciplinary Committee, Human Resource Committee, Procurement Committee etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have served in the capacity of Head of legal services or Legal Manager in a Financial Services sector with senior legal management leadership experience for a minimum of three years in a busy Financial Sector Company.
- Additionally, the incumbent should be a holder of a Bachelor Degree in Laws, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Uganda LDC, a member of The Law Society of Uganda and an advocate of the High Court.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, work testimonials, academic transcripts and certificates and updated CV clearly marked with Job Title in the top right-hand corner of the envelope to:
Ms. Edith Grace Agwang,
Human Resource Officer,
Bayport Financial Services,
Plot 54 Lugogo Bypass, Lugogo Office Park,
P.O. Box 1171 Kampala, Uganda.
Softcopy applications can be sent via E-mail to: email@example.com quoting the position title in the subject on the E-mail and the source as theugandanjobline.com website. The E-mail applications should not exceed 6MBs.
Deadline: 29th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline