Job Title: Sports Administrator
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Students Affairs
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Sports Administrator will support the Sports Coordinator in the facilitation of all ongoing sports events in which the University is involved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and supervise Administrative Assistant and the gym instructors.
- Plan for needs by semester (off-session accommodation, allowances, meal cards, meals between semesters and transport.
- Work closely with the Guild Sports Minister to assist where needed
- Organize internal sports competitions
- Organize and lead regular meetings with team captains and coaches
- The incumbent will atend meetings with the University & National Federation when required.
- Render support in the preparation and organizing of tournaments and events :national and international hosted by UCU
- Organizing friendly matches
- Tasked with monitoring progress or needs of the league and non-league teams
- Arranging transport for travelling teams
- Manage all sports department needs in the absence of the Sports Coordinator.
- Perform any other official duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree (2:1) from a reorganized institute of higher learning.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience performing similar tasks.
- Broad knowledge and interest in sports and its management (experience of having actively played one or more sport will be an added advantage)
- Willingness to work outside office hours i.e. beyond 5.00 pm and on weekends
- Must be gifted at working with young adults and a good team player
- Should have the capacity to represent the University in big sports fora
- Must be relational with good communication skills
- Must be a practicing Christian
- Must have an accommodative personality and willing to work with sportsmen and enthusiasts from anywhere in the world.
- Counseling skills will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All applicants are encouraged to send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references i.e. academic, leadership and pastoral. Please attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Deadline: 6th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline