Job Title: Quality Assurance/Warehouse Officer
Organisation: Amatheon Agri
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Quality Assurance
Amatheon Agri Holding N.V. is a German based agribusiness and food company developing and operating sustainable businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa. Amatheon Agri Uganda Ltd. was established in 2013 and is successfully expanding its large scale farming operations within Nwoya District. The objective of the Outgrower Business Model is to create a business partnership between us as a large-scale agribusiness and small-scale producers surrounding our operations. We aim to reach this goal by providing agricultural and business educational training, a market for inputs and outputs as well as access to capital.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance/Warehouse Officer will mainly be responsible for grain stock inventory and quality in the warehouse.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular grain quality and moisture level checks in the warehouse on arrival from the farmers/clients.
- The incumbent will also take records at the weighbridge for stock movement and control. Coordinate pest control through fumigation and spraying accordingly.
- Oversee the bagging operations in the warehouse.
- The incumbent will manage grain stock and its movement in and out of the warehouse.
- Ensure grain is dried and graded to acceptable moisture levels and standards.
- Prepare and submit reports to the supervisor
- Ensure grain quality is maintained
- Lead and advise on stock stacking
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold professional technical qualifications in grain quality control.
- The ideal candidate should preferably have a minimum of two years’ experience in a warehouse
- Innovative, and able to resolve problems with ease.
- Track record in setting priorities;
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to negotiate, for good prices
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Ms Word, Excel and Internet
- Excellent grasp of the English language: verbal and written.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline