Job Title: Community Liaison Assistant
Organisation: Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Community Liaison Officer
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was formed to contribute to Uganda’s efforts in enhancing access to quality HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support services to families with a historical focus on Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission (eMTCT) of HIV
Job Summary: The Community Liaison Assistant will actively take part in the design, implementation and monitoring of high impact HIV/AIDS community interventions in PREFA-supported areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submit monthly/quarterly/annual work plans to guide implementation.
- Participate in mobilization and awareness raising activities.
- Collect data on all PREFA supported activities at health facility & community level.
- Significantly contribute to writing of periodic PREFA community/ overall program reports, including compiling best practices and lessons learnt.
- Facilitate relevant facility & community meetings in line with the implementation plans.
- Regularly and continuously update and document performance indicators for monitoring community activities.
- Actively participate in the formulation of IEC materials and media messages.
- Coordinate related PREFA activities across districts of PREFA implementation.
Key Performance Indicators:
- A robust framework of community interventions in line with PREFA’s projects.
- Performance indicators for monitoring community education and mobilization activities continually updated and documented.
- Linkage established between the facility and the community served.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Social Works and Social Administration or Community Psychology, Community & Adult Education
- Significant experience in running successful HIV/AIDS interventions at community/health facility/district level, especially those focusing on psychosocial support & livelihoods for people living with HIV/AIDS.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send a current detailed CV, application letter, copies of testimonials and certificates; and three professional references with telephone and email contacts to:
The Executive Director,
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA),
Plot 71, Lithuli Avanue Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 25769, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Wednesday, 20th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline