Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organization: South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: SEPSPEL M&E Focal Point person
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL) evolved from Busia Private Sector Promotion Centre, which was established in 1998 by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as a GoU/UNDP programme which ended in 2002. We target Vulnerable Households with interventions including; Livelihoods, Education, Child Protection, Health, Water and Sanitation. We also build the capacities of the Private Sector through trainings, mentorship and on job coaching. In Partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), we will be implementing two OVC projects; Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) and DREAMS in Wakiso and Gomba Districts.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the maintenance of project data systems, the accurate and timely entry of project-related data, the production of reports that lead to sound management decisions, conducting field monitoring visits and leading the project team to fulfill general M&E function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will work closely with the Project manager and M&E Focal point person to design and disseminate SOCY M&E framework
- Support the project team to set monthly and quarterly targets
- Organize and store data forms submitted from the field
- The jobholder will maintain the SILC Management Information System (MIS)
- Enter and clean data in the MIS
- Submit standard reports to track project, agent and group performance
- Prepare and submit other reports as requested by the project manager
- Capture Agent Intake Survey data in an Excel format.
- Maintain the Agent Management Table
- Maintain other databases as required, and produce periodic reports
- Support the project team in documenting and reporting success stories
- Offer technical advice towards the project implementation to ensure the project activities address the set objectives
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Social sciences, Development Studies, Business Administration, Microfinance or any other related field. Possession of a post graduate training in M&E is desirable
- A minimum of two years’ experience and practical knowledge in M&E position
- Previous experience in SILC methodology is added advantage
- Previous experience with data entry
- Previous experience working in a development project environment
- Excellent skills in computer packages such as excel and other databases
- Working knowledge of savings/SILC group programming helpful
- Age: Between 25-35 years old
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include the following documentation:
- Application letter clearly specifying the position, salary history and duty station
- Updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Copies of certified Academic Transcripts and any relevant trainings
- Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Address your application to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Limited (SEPSPEL)
Plot 10 Ogoola Road,
P.O. Box 62 Busia, Uganda.
Hand deliver your application to any of the SEPSPEL offices below:
- Jinja office: Gabula Road opposite Crisis Pregnancy Centre
- Bugiri Office, near Gilgal Guest House
- Iganga Regional office, Kaliro Road near Sterling Construction offices/Mutukula Market
- Busia head Office, opposite Madibira P/S.
OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and include all documents in one attachment.
Deadline: 19th April, 2016 by 2.00 PM (East Africa standard time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline