Job Title: Membership Relations Officer
Organization: United Nations Staff Savings & Credit Cooperative Society Limited (UN SACCO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
About UN SACCO:
United Nations Staff Savings & Credit Cooperative Society Limited (UN SACCO) is a member -based organization registered under the Co-operative Societies Regulations 1992 and one of the leading institutional SACCOs in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Membership Relations Officer will support the administration of member relationship activities, promotions, member recruitment, exhibitions and PR campaigns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the general guidance of the General Secretary and direct supervision of the General Manager, The Membership Relations Officer shall:
- Initiate a membership development strategy in collaboration with the General Manager and Executive board.
- Plan recruitment campaigns by identifying events, target UN organizations and means. Drive recruitment initiatives in collaboration with the General Manager
- Update recruitment tools and provide members with appropriate information and documents for recruitment purposes
- Serve as the focal-point for all membership-related issues and collaborate with the Executive board to ensure excellent services to the SACCO’s members.
- Keep up- to -date with members activities for communication purposes.
- Assist the General Manager in the design and production of publicity brochures, hand-outs, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia material.
- Prepare media briefs, press releases, speeches and articles.
- Assist with organization of files for storage and archiving.
- User and Administrative Support: Act as an interface between UNS-SACCO and members
- Ensure that member’s statement for their savings accounts are promptly mailed every end on month.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration/Commerce (Marketing), Public Relations and Communication or related field.
- The applicant should have a minimum of two years’ experience in the field of marketing, Communications and public relations.
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision and under tight deadlines with a high degree of individual responsibility.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with individuals at all levels in the organization as well as among members.
- Possess self-management skills and the motivation to efficiently use own time.
- Risk and issue management.
- Uphold the core values of professionalism, respect for diversity and integrity.
- Excellent knowledge of English Language
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their electronic applications with an updated CV and certified academic documents via- firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline