Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Caritas Kotido
Project Name: Integrated Food Security Project (INFOSEP)
Funding Source: Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Caritas Kotido, established in 1991, is the social development arm of the Catholic Diocese of Kotido. Caritas Kotido is mandated with the task of assessing the needs of the people, designing and implementing developmental interventions with the aim of changing their lives in Kotido Catholic Diocese. In the last two decades, Caritas has worked mainly in the areas of social economic development, particularly targeting poor farmers and pastoralists, women, and people living with HIV/AIDS, as well as orphans and vulnerable children.
About CAFOD Project:
Caritas Kotido has signed an agreement with Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD) to implement a six months project on Emergency Humanitarian Response in Kotido Diocese. The Emergency Humanitarian Response Project will be implemented in six Sub Counties of Kacheri and Kotido Town Council in Kotido District, Nyakwae in Abim District, and Lodiko, Loyoro and Sidok Sub Counties in Kaabong District.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will be in charge of the procurement and logistics operations of Caritas Kotido Diocese under the supervision of Finance and Administration Manager. He/she provides support to Caritas Kotido Diocese operations and coordinates with the EHR staff on support, training, guidelines and standard operating procedures as set out by Caritas Kotido Diocese.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using the guidelines in Caritas Kotido Diocese operations Manual; procure, obtain quotations and carry out all logistics related tasks as instructed by the responsible officer of Caritas Kotido Diocese;
- In charge of updating the procurement table for Caritas Kotido Diocese and Submission to Finance and Administration Manager on a monthly basis.
- Update the request for payment tracking sheet and share with the finance and administration Manager on a weekly basis.
2. Fleet Management;
- Ensure that all repairs, service & maintenance performed on vehicles/equipment/ machinery are in accordance to the required standards established to achieve maximum reliability with minimum downtime and at best value for money;
- Ensure that all repairs and servicing performed on all vehicles and equipment is recorded on job cards and that vehicle histories are maintained. Keep and maintain all maintenance reports and submit them on monthly basis to Finance and Administration Manager.
- Keenly monitor fuel consumption for vehicle fleet/ motorcycles / generators through ensuring weekly calculations of fuel consumption and providing the report to the Finance and Administration Manager;
- Prepare fuel consumption and maintenance reports for vehicle, motorcycles and generators for Caritas Kotido Diocese and share this with Finance and Administration Manager on monthly basis;
- Maintain a clear overview of Caritas Kotido Diocese vehicles both in the Field and main office on regular update as and when needed.
- Ensure that insurance policies for vehicles are renewed on a timely basis;
- Supervise and build capacity with drivers. Ensure vehicle log sheets are completed according to guidelines on weekly basis and submitted to Finance and Administration Manager on monthly basis;
- Systematically coordinate the movement plans in both the Field and main offices.
3. Inventory and Asset Transfer:
- Update inventory list in both Field and main offices on a monthly basis and submit to the Finance and Administration Manager;
- Ensure all assets in both the Field and main Office are properly tagged as soon as assets are procured;
- Bi-annually conduct physical asset verification to confirm the condition of assets in both the Field and main Offices;
- Ensure assets transfer forms are properly completed during movement of goods from one field office to another. Further, ensure that proper stocks records are kept and updated regularly.
4. Other tasks
- Ensure that Caritas Kotido Diocese safety in the office is observed, visitors check at the gate, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are up to date;
- Supervise and build capacity of the guards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Caritas Kotido Logistics Assistant vacancy should hold a Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management, supply or the equivalent professional qualification from a recognized institution.
- One to two years procurement and logistics experience in a busy organization, preferably in an NGO setting. Must demonstrate professional experience in legal, administrative and operational aspects of Procurement and Logistics.
- Proven experience working with donor funded projects/ programmes e.g. EU, DFID, and UN among other donors.
- Previous exposure and experience in financial management of tendering processes and audits.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- A pro-active person who is able to work independently and at the same time a good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS word, excel
- Good knowledge of Christianity and the social doctrines of the church
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae, relevant academic and other relevant work experience documents to;
The Secretary SSD Board,
Kotido Catholic Diocese,
P.O. Box 55, Kotido -Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th April, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline