Job Title: Learning and Development Officer
Organisation: International Hospital Kampala (IHK)
Reports to: Head Human Resources
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Hospital Kampala (IHK) has been the market leader in the private healthcare sector in Uganda since 2000. IHK boasts highly trained staff, state-of-the-art equipment and the highest level of specialist services at affordable prices. We are committed to improving standards of health care in Uganda through innovation, applied research, education and community-based services.
Job Summary: The Learning and Development Officer will provide a range of professional development and training services to support the delivery of agreed strategies, plans, procedures and policies designed to assist the organisation in successfully meeting its strategic aims. The Learning and Development officer will support the Senior and Department Managers with training design, delivery and evaluation. The incumbent will oversee the organization ‘s continuous training and induction for all staff as well as the management of administrative processes in order to ensure the smooth operation of internal/external training and induction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior and/or Department Managers in organizing staff induction and orientation programs
- Guide Senior Management on skills, knowledge and attitude’s deficiency and appropriate interventions to ensure that the training interventions are appropriate to existing deficiencies and in line with agreed needs.
- The incumbent will design training plans to meet training needs and facilitate training/group activity for staff e.g. Induction sessions, ongoing skills workshops for staff
- Support the senior and/or department managers in carrying out staff learning needs analysis.
- Develop training time tables’ and sessions in agreement with the Senior and/or Department Managers
- Design and conduct ‘in-house’ programmes of training including those covering corporate/organizational matters across IMG and ‘tailor-made’ activities for staff.
- Carry out mentoring and/ or coaching sessions as required.
- Organize training venues and logistics as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery
- Develop assessment methods and measurement systems for IMG staff
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, analyze and report on activities or performance and produce evaluation reports as required - providing information with regards to training strengths, weaknesses and gaps
- Work closely with others in the organization who have responsibilities for specialized training and staff development to facilitate co-ordination of training provision.
- Build and manage working relationships with Senior and/or Department Managers and staff in order to gauge learning and needs and increase application of practical skills learn
- Stay abreast with emerging trends/ideas/development in the professional field of learning and development Implement training initiatives using external consultants when required and to advise on their cost-effectiveness, selection and monitor/evaluate the quality and effectiveness of service delivery, in line with IMG procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a degree in Human Resource Management. Possession of a post graduate diploma with a bias on Training of Trainers. A training qualification is desirable
- The applicant should at least have two years’ experience in training design, delivery and implementation in a corporate environment
- Technical knowledge of training cycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of carrying out evaluation
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High degree of creativity and innovation.
- Computer literacy i.e. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs, , application letters (including 3 work references) to: The Head Human Resources, International Hospital Kampala, Plot 4686 St. Barnabas Rd, Kisugu Namuwongo, Kampala. Uganda or via E-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: 22nd April 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline