Job Title: Knowledge Management (KM) Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Knowledge Management & ICT Manager
Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee with an NGO status, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans.” UHMG works in partnership with public, private, and civil society institutions to improve the quality of life of Ugandans through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions. Using the Good Life Platform as its launch pad, UHMG has employed uniquely designed interventions and innovative behavior change communication approaches to raise people’s awareness of and demand for health care services for Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria, and Maternal & Child Health.
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management (KM) Assistant will provide to the KM & ICT Manager support to document, organize, store, and share vital information amongst staff and external stakeholders. The incumbent will be responsible for the documentation and dissemination of information to UHMG stakeholders. The KM Assistant will report to KM & ICT Manager but working closely with programs teams, SBCC team, and other key departments in UHMG. The incumbent will be required to travel from time to time to the UHMG activity sites to achieve the objectives of the position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Knowledge Management Assistant will be specifically responsible for the following tasks:-
- Periodically support the review the UHMG strategic documents including strategic plan, business plan, annual reports and other relevant documents.
- Offer support in the maintenance of the UHMG website with frequent feeds in the site blog with success stories, lessons learnt and, best practices news and key highlights.
- Generate, document, and disseminate publications on UHMG innovations, promising practices and program reports including the e-newsletter, quarterly and annual reports.
- Work with different departments to document weekly reports, events, etc.
- Offer technical support in the development of presentations and proposals with ideas from the UHMG’s successes and best practices.
- Work with the SBCC team to develop and disseminate UHMG corporate and marketing materials.
- The Knowledge Management (KM) Assistant will work in liaison with the M&E team to summarize achievements of the organization for presentation to development partners and other key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the SBCC team to generate and document and publish success stories, news and highlights UHMG milestones on social media platforms.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UHMG Knowledge Management (KM) Assistant vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information science, Literature Studies, Information Science, Information and Communication Technology, Mass Communication or any other related filed from a recognised university. Possession of a post graduate diploma in Project Planning and Management or any other training related to knowledge management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant work demonstrable work experience in handling writing and other Corporate Relations assignments
- Broad working knowledge of data-collection, designing, processing, presentation, journalism, public relations, documentation and report writing is required.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Knowledge Management practices
- Working knowledge of online content management skills (website and blogs management) is required
- Excellent in photography and knowledge of videography
- Experience in the Public Health Industry in particular will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good public relations and team work skills
- Drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- A self-starter, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of the health marketing Industry
- The applicant should be highly flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, and report compilation skills
- This position requires a self-driven person with strong data collection, presentation and e-filing skills and should have the capacity to work with minimum supervision
- The applicant should be willing to uphold the Core Values of UHMG i.e. Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their applications with copies of Curriculum Vitae, names of three professional referees, copies of certified academic documents, and telephone and email contacts to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd.; Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Monday 2nd May 2016 by 4:00 pm (East African Time)
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline