Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Organisation: Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Vacancy Number: AFOD-U-VA08/2016
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD)-Uganda is a national NGO, registered with Uganda national NGO board and is mandated to support the government of Uganda in delivery of adolescent sexual reproductive health (ASRH), maternal and child nutrition (MCN), child protection, creating community resilience in food security, and research both in humanitarian and development programmes. AFOD Uganda with a fully-fledged office in Kampala and field office in Adjumani district is now starting programme implementation in Adjumani district to strengthen adolescent sexual reproductive health activities among refugees and host populations in Mungula I, II and Mireyi settlements in collaboration with district health office and other health partners.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing financial management functions, which include among others processing payments, financial analysis, budget analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, financial planning, voucher control, and financial Performance monitoring.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly review books of accounts for the Field Office and head Office.
- Carry out all bank correspondences including Withdrawals, Updating Bank Mandates and Letters of advice.
- Process advances and any other staff financial requests as may be approved by the head of office.
- Treasury management and preparation of call down requests for field operations
- Conduct bank reconciliation and reconciliation of cash in transit against fund disbursed
- Management, review of financial documents, processing of payment, reconciliation of staff financial advances and any other financial requests.
- Preparation of payroll, deductions and preparation of payroll journals
- Work closely with government Agencies for Taxation and compliance purposes.
- Prepare recharges/overhead recoveries-ready for posting at the end of each month
- Clearing suspense accounts and preparation of fixed Assets depreciation schedules and journals
- Keenly monitor budgets against actual plans and prepares financial management report for decision making.
- Ensure availability and adequate office supplies for both head and the field Offices.
- Establish and maintain an updated inventory of the organizations assets.
- Prepare and submit regular financial reports for attention of management.
- Oversee contracting of external services for both the head Office and the Field Office in line with AFOD’s policies on sourcing services.
- Manage the purchase and overall management of assets, and ensure that such assets are in good working conditions and that they are utilized according to the rules and regulations of AFOD.
- Supervise drivers, office assistants, security guards and the cleaners and ensure adherence of the same to AFOD policies.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance and Administrative Officer career opportunity should hold a University degree Finance or Accounts, B. Com, Business accounting, Business Administration ACCA is and added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of proven programmatic financial experience
- Previous experience in both emergency and development financial management
- Prior experience of working in integrated programmes with multiple donors.
- Previous exposure and experience in managing budgets from different donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and planning skills;
- Willingness to travel to field sites.
- Language: Fluent in English and other common local languages an added advantage. Previous experience in Non-governmental organization or the private sector is a plus.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with updated CVs in English and motivation letters; quoting the vacancy reference number (check top of advert) to the address below;
Human Resource Officer,
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD), Uganda
Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Minister’s Village, Ntinda,
P.O. BOX 11003 Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 29th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline